Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Serial in a Sequel: Chip Kidd Post-its

I'm about to return the fourth installment of my serial post-it note story to the library, nestled inside of Chip Kidd's The Learners.

 

I chose The Learners based simply on wanting to read it, but the fact that it features a recent college graduate dovetails nicely with the situation of my Maddie.  The novel is a sequel to Kidd's first book The Cheese Monkeys, which means that both his story and mine start off in the midst of the tale.


You can read a pdf of my post-it note additions to Chip Kidd's The Learners here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I DO enjoy this story. The brief mentioning of Phylis being slow at the grocery store made me think of how dramatic things could get... And the waitress, oh the waitress! Why didn't she say anything?! Bring her back into the story!

    ReplyDelete