Monday, April 13, 2009

Banana Republic Shorts

I got these shorts from Banana Republic last week. I chose them because they were a dark color (much to my dismay, see-through fabrics seem to be all the rage for spring), had pockets (always promising), and at $44 were pretty much the cheapest thing in the store aside from some tank-tops.

When I got them home I realized that the right front has a double pocket, which gave me a great little secret space to work with. Even when the shorts are turned inside out, you have to peer intently to see any indication of my handiwork.

Here are before and after shots of the shorts turned inside-out:





I used the little secret space between overlapping pockets for the first representational painting that I've ever added to clothing for this project. Here's a picture of my handiwork with the innermost pocket pinned back so that you can see the space in between:

I sewed a few beads at the center of each pair of lips to give a little more of a tactile hint of their presence, as my main concern for this iteration is that my insertion might be so well hidden that it's owner never notices it. I'll return the shorts soon. At the moment I am entirely confident that the return will go smoothly, but I'm sure I'll manage to psych myself into a lather of imagined scenarios of capture soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment